"Poorly Planned... Badly Executed"

Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Dam That's A Big Tree

Photos sometimes make things look small... don't be fooled this tree is over three hundred feet high

So not a lot new to report from 'merica' but I did go and see some big trees, biggest in the world in fact in the Sequoia National Park. It was really foggy so we almost couldn't see the top of the trees but this probably only made them more impressive as the towered over us some three hundred feet high. Lucky for me I had my fisheye lens with me or you would only be looking at pictures of the bases!

General Sherman, the worlds largest tree by volume

To them we are but a blip as they live to over three thousand years old

And sometimes the camera makes things look huge... but it wasn't (well maybe a little bit huge). Evan trying to reach mach 10 while paddling in the park