"Poorly Planned... Badly Executed"

Thursday, 15 May 2008

The Big Kimshew

Chris K firing off Frenchies

Here are a couple photos from the Big Kimshew river which we had a quick two and a half hour blat down today (including stopping to take pictures). It was our second time down this week so we had the lines mostly down which made for a reasonably low stress day... until I boof half a foot to far left on one of the bigger drops and landed my left butt check square on a rock... 'I've been tenderised'. Fortunately it only really hurt for a few minutes and then came right, not that I really got to take a break. I guess sometimes you have to take the good with the bad... or some other cheesy metaphor. Actually today was the first time I have taken my 80-200mm f2.8 lens on the river which is why the shots are cropped tightly. It certainly won't be the last though so look out for more sweet shots framed like these to come in the future.
T'was a good sized crew and only one van required - not to shabby

Travis at Big Kimshew Falls

Trip at the bottom of The Tripple Drop (and not in the eddy of death... ask Chris K how that goes)
And last but not least... what a way to finish the day