"Poorly Planned... Badly Executed"

Friday, 22 June 2007

Play Boating Kicks Ass

Did someone say aerial blunt

For the last few days we had been running the (add name here – I forget) which while being a cool read and run creek with some fun moves had one two too many rocks in it. My frustration was quickly growing with each one I hit… time for something different.

I can fly...

Water levels were still too high for some of the harder creeks about so we headed for the easier ones hoping to find water levels above their recommended flows (that should take care of my ‘too many rocks’ problem). And high water levels is what we found on a section of the (add name here… hey I’m not a genius) with plenty of read and run grade 4 big water action for all. Sweet as but I feel I need something more…

Yep pretty happy about that ride

At the local campground there is a super nice play wave – big and bouncy and fast… perfect but we only have our creek boats with us and that won’t do at all. No worries though, a quick phone call to a complete stranger and we were in action with two Bliss-Stick RAD’s… you beauty.

Thee Eden Sinclair going vertical

The play wave was aerial blunt city… I don’t really need to say more. Just check out the photos if you don’t believe me. We were even able to get the start of a helix working (google it if you don’t know what it is)

Attempted Helix... and I do stress attempted

Probably one of the best times I’ve had in a while and Eden certainly agreed… in fact we couldn’t get him to leave as nine o’clock ticked by. Come on Eden we still had our salmon to cook… looks like it is going to be another late one. Good thing we have endless daylight at our disposal.

Our friend who hooked us up with boat's