"Poorly Planned... Badly Executed"

Wednesday, 30 May 2007

We've Become One of Them

Damn it, it’s happened… we’ve become ‘tourists’, Switzerland has corrupted us with its natural beauty and we paid money to see water fall… that’s right a waterfall. In our defence the waterfall was inside a mountain and you have to use their elaborate series of tunnels and elevators to see it. Still by paying we became ‘tourists’, and worse - tourists with ‘cameras’. Ok Eden so only I had a camera but you were there standing beside me so you were a ‘tourist’ too.

The horrible falling water that made us become the very thing we have tried so hard not to be is called Trummelbach falle and alone drains the mighty glacier defiles of Eiger (3970 m), Monk (4099 m), and Jungfrau (4158 m) carrying 20200 tons of boulder detritus per year. And yes I am reading straight from the pamphlet… bloody tourist.

The place is really dark and so I was very surprised to get any photos worth keeping, and even more shocked when some came out really good. Well your looking at them so judge for yourself… and enjoy. I think that I will put some more photos on facebook. To view them you will have to join and make me your ‘friend’. Sorry for the trouble but I can’t find a good free site that everybody can access. Let me know if you have.

So cheers to the Swiss for being so obsessed with tunnels that they even build a wee network so that ‘tourists’ like us could see some water fall inside a mountain. Oh yeah and as if the tunnels weren’t enough they even put in an elevator!! For the lazy tourists… like us.

If you ever plan to be in the area one day, keep Trummelbach in the back of your mind as a place to visit… that is if you can stomach the thought of being a dreaded ‘tourists… tschau